26.04.11

You take me by the hand

In front of the final door
I know I came from here many lifetimes before
but now it´s insurmountably closed
I don´t know how to enter, not invited anymore


I heard the world behind this shining gate
is full of consciousness and love, there is no fear and no hate
I can´t remember all this things at all
I don´t know how long I am standing here outside in the dark
but then you come along and you quickly understand
determined you decide to help, take me by the hand
you lead me patiently, effortlessly, with full attention
and fluently I follow into a new dimension
where every single step becomes a wonderful dance
where every little thing has a shining glance
where every single word becomes a glorious song
where everyone worships Krishna all day long

I follow you into a magical wood
everything is auspicious in a devine mood
and then we meet a countryside maid
I can´t understand her, I ask you to please translate
it seems she knows you well
she´s straight aproaching you
and breathlessly she´s asking if you heard the latest news
she says: there was an aweful witch, disguised as a queen
with beauty and with jewellery that I have never seen
we all thought that she came to please our beloved child
to suckle baby Krishna, because He so cute and mild
but all this was a terrible ploy
she smeared her breast with toxin to poison our boy
in the middle of the peacefull scene
she starts to alter ugly made a horrible scream
she´s growing more and more with little Krishna on her arm
she screams "let me go you´re doing unbearable harm"
it´s thundering we are crying and with a deafening sound
the giant witch is dying and crashing to the ground
anxiously we are searching for Krishna in the dirt
some us were fainting on the fear that He got hurt


suddenly the sky is turning bright
on top of the dead body sits small Krishna in the light
peacefully He´s smiling and joyfull looks on us
everyone relieved we quickly take Him to take bath
to decorate and feed Him, the gods sing from the sky
and then we burned this terrible huge body in the fire

the girl is close to tears, but then she sees the sun
immediately she´s changing, says "oh now I have to run,
I want to make a garland for Krishna, He arrives in an hour"
and then she says good-bye to you and picks the next flower

I´m listening carefully to you, to every single word
but I´m completely puzzled about the things that I have heard
who was this girl what did she say, I´d like to understand
but you are simply smiling, you take me by the hand
you lead me further further over every borderwall
where every eye is eager to get darshan of Gopal
where every single move is an expression of love
where every breath is in the mood of pleasing the Lord

we go on, we reach a shiny forest glade
there is a group of boys sitting peacefull in the shade
some cows are standing close, eating calmly grass
as soon as the boys see you they are joyful coming close
they treat you like a friend
it seems I´m invisible for them
they ask if you remember the recent distress
when Krishna easily revolved all them from death
it was when Sri Yamunaji
was poisend lethally
her stinky fog was killing everyone immediately
and Krishna was so angry he jumped into the water
immediately resounds a fearful sream from all the others
from all sides they are coming close running full of fear
Oh Krishna could be harmed and die and suddenly appears
a giant monstersnake with thousands of heads
it´s Kaliya who is poisoning the dhama
Nanda wants to jump in to save Krishna from the threat
but Kaliya quickly catches Krishna, pulls Him down
we are going mad, we´re crying, frantic, what to do?
It takes so long, oh Krishna we can´t live without you

Suddenly we hear Krishna´s flute from far
out of the water raises bleeding Kaliya
on his thousand heads is dancing Krishna gracefully
He is turning, He is jumping, blessing Kaliya with His feet
everyone is calling out for Krishna without fear
and Krishna sends defeated Kaliya away from here
Yamunaji is saved, we sing Krishna´s name with love
now we can again go playing with Krishna and take bath

one boy recognizes that the cows are going away
immediately the boys are running, calling them to stay

I´m totaly confused, my heart is full of doubts
who were this boys and what crazy things were they speaking about
but you are simply smiling, you take me by the hand
you help me to explore this unbelievable land
where every heart is beating free from every selfish sin
where every single thought circles only around Him
where everyone knows Krishna as matchless strong and cute
where every ear is eager to catch one tone of his flute

we stand on the field in silence for a while
and then we see there´s something shining flying in the sky
a beautiful huge swan with celestial ornaments
a king with four heads and a golden effulgence
is riding on the swan he flys directly to us
and silently he´s landing and he´s quickly coming close
he´s looking pleased, then he pays obeisances to you
he says "oh you are one of Srila Prabhupada´s executors"
he praises your devotion, he thanks for your effort
and then he tells a story that had happend with the Lord
one day he was blind and he couldn´t understand
that he is the supreme being, everything is in his hand
he stole the cowherdboys and the calves like a thief
but when he turned around Krishna replaced them instantly
he realized with whom he had to do
he only could apologize, implore
Krishna was quite hard with him but he instandly knew
that this was Krishna´s mercy and he praised Him more and more

Now I start to think about the things that I have seen
it´s unbelievable what had happend here to me
and slowly I am realizing, start to comprehend
all this holy lilas I will never understand
if your heart wouldn´t be so merciful and great and grand
if you would not accept me and take me by the hand

The idea for this song is very old, since Maharaja asked me to put Krishna more in the center of my songs. So I thought about how to combine it with a glorification of GuruMaharaja. But then I had only one day left to the date when I had to send the CD for the print... and then this song created and recorded itself in only one day... Now I would like to record it again to make it more colourful; maybe for the next CD ;-)

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen